Greater Manchester Chamber in Oldham
The Oldham Team
The Chamber's activity in Oldham is supported by our local President, Joanne Taylor, of Capita Translation and Interpreting.
The Oldham Vice President is Craig Dean of Web Applications UK
Emma Parr is the Regional Manager and can be contacted at Emma.Parr@gmchamber.co.uk
Action for Business
To help our Members connect with each other, the Chamber runs a series of free Action For Business networking events. To find out about meetings near you, visit our Events calendar .
What We're Doing in Oldham
Lead by our Local Chamber council and member feedback from our Action for Business events, the Chamber's activity in Oldham is focused on:
- Working with Oldham College as they establish a Digital Career College
- Supporting the Web Apps Academy's apprenticeship scheme with Employer Ownership of Skills funding
- We are extending our Digital Connectivity Demand Aggregation pilot to the Oldham area.If you are based in an area with lots of businesses and poor connectivity contact Matthew to discuss how we may be able to help.
- Craig is a strong advocate of the business community engaging with their local education establishments a an investment in the future workforce. The Chamber is currently working on a way to make it simpler and easier for companies to help schools and colleges.
- As part of our ongoing work to ensue that our Property and Construction sector members are aware of the pipeline of work in the region, the Chamber helps with the running of the Oldham and Rochdale Construction Club. Guided by a steering group of local businesses from the sector, this event is an excellent opportunity to find out what is going on in the local area, get help in competing for this work and to network with other businesses. visit our Events calendar to find the next meeting.