Property and Construction Membership
- Contact details
- For more information email: email@example.com
If your business is in the property or construction sectors, find out more about how the Chamber can help you.
Based on feedback from our members we are running themed campaigns throughout the year to ensure that we are responding to your needs, whether that’s to help with investment, recruitment or innovation.
Throughout each campaign there will be opportunities for you to access events, training, data and information and get involved with influencing local policy.
For information about our next campaign on Pipelines, Procurement and Payment, click here
Did you know that as a member you are able to access the Construction Clubs for a discounted rate?
These events are a great way of learning about future work in the pipeline and an opportunity to meet major contractors and clients.
With up to 70 delegates attending each meeting the capacity to network and create more business is unrivalled.
To book your place, visit our events page
Free Access to the Greater Manchester Construction Pipeline
This is the second pipeline for Greater Manchester, detailing the future of construction in the region and highlighting the future skills requirements needed by the industry in order to sustain this work.
Key findings from this report include:
- The planning system in GM currently contains £9.5bn of construction output between 2014 and 2017.
- These projects include £7.6bn of new project starts between 2014 and 2017.
- Labour demand peaks at 65,475 workers on site in March 2015 with a median average of 55,742 per year over the 2014-2017 period.
- There are key skills shortages in building envelope, steel erection, glazers and civil engineering.
This report is available to Chamber members in the construction sector free of charge. The cost to non Chamber members is £75.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a copy of the report.
BIM Upskilling Workshops
The Chamber is offering fully funded BIM Upskilling Workshops to the construction industry. These workshops are being delivered by the BIM Academy and are split into two sessions.
Two representatives are required to attend both sessions and it is suggested that the two members of staff will comprise one Manager / Director and one Operational / Technical Manager to ensure BIM learning is directed at strategic implementation as well as just operational.
In between the sessions you will be asked to complete a business self-assessment which will enable you to identify your business' next steps with regards to meeting the BIM level 2 deadline.
The workshops will cover:
- Introduction to BIM
- Evolution of BIM in the construction industry
- BIM Maturity Levels
- The UK Government Mandate
- BIM processes and uses
- Multi-disciplinary collaborative working and technical challenges
- The BIM Execution Plan
- Business self-assessment - Brief guidance and provision of a self-assessment template to use following the course to assess your business’ next steps.
- An introduction to and awareness of the current requirements of Level 2 BIM
- An introduction to and awareness of PAS1192 part 2 and other level 2 documentation and standards
- The Common Data Environment
- Employers' Information Requirements
- Introduction to COBie
To book your place on one of the courses, click here
Did you know that as a construction member you have the opportunity to access a construction skills consultant to address any skills gaps you have in your business?
Don’t forget that as well as the above, you still have full access to all the other benefits and services from your Chamber membership.